Megan A. Phillips
Megan is a partner and owner at the firm, focusing on business litigation, civil litigation and family law. She has also taught negotiations and mediation at the University of Wisconsin-Madison law school for 6 years. In addition, Megan defends healthcare, business and other licensed professionals in disciplinary actions before the Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing.
Megan earned a Bachelor of Arts in journalism and psychology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and she returned to her alma mater for law school. Megan frequently presents on negotiation topics for other lawyers and professionals in a variety of trades. Megan is also a contributor to The Verdict, The Wisconsin Law Journal and Forbes Magazine. She has a "Superb" rating from Avvo and was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star for four consecutive years – a distinction reserved for only 2.5% of attorneys statewide.
Megan is an active member of the State Bar of Wisconsin Family Law Board, an active volunteer at the Family Law Assistance Center in Dane County, and a frequent lecturer on negotiation techniques. She contributes regularly to the Wisconsin Law Journal, The Verdict Magazine and was recently featured twice in Forbes. When she is not in the office, Megan enjoys exploring with her toddler, playing tennis, gardening and traveling.
You can reach Megan at: (608) 390-3555 or email@example.com
- Divorce and Legal Separation
- Military Divorces and Federal Employee Divorces
- Property division, including retirement, business and other complex division issues
- Child support
- Maintenance/Spousal Support
- Child Custody and Placement disputes, including interstate cases
- Paternity actions
- Grandparent visitation
- Pre-Nuptial/Post-Nuptial marital property agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Unmarried couples
Collaborative Family Law
- A reasonable approach to family law cases built around a commitment to avoiding litigation and problem-solving as a team.
Mediation and Arbitration
- Mediation and arbitration services in family law and litigation cases
- Personal Injury Litigation, including Car Accidents, Waterpark Accidents & Catastrophic Injuries
- Business Disputes
- Employment Disputes
- Real Estate & Construction Cases
Professional Licensing Defense
- Defense of Healthcare Providers & Licensed Professionals by boards at the Department of Safety and Professional Services