Ashley Richter was featured on Talk Wisconsin to speak about family law and what our firm does for families. To watch the interview, click here.
Ashley J. Richter
Ashley Richter is a founding partner of the firm. She has a bachelor’s degree in sociology, summa cum laude with high distinction, from the University of Minnesota. For law school Ashley returned to her home state of Wisconsin and received her law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School, cum laude, with a concentration in family law. Ashley’s practice areas include all divorce and family law matters, both litigated and collaborative, adoption, professional licensing application and misconduct defense, estate and probate litigation, and mediation services.
Ashley is a past President of the Legal Association for Women, a volunteer with the Dane County Family Law Assistance Center, and is also involved with the Dane County Bar Case Mediation Program Committee, the James E. Doyle Inns of Court, and Dane County Bar Association. Ashley has also contributed to the development of the materials for the statewide high school mock trial program and served as a judge of high school mock trial competition since 2010.
Ashley has been named as a Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2018 in the area of family law, a distinction reserved for the top 2.5% of attorneys in the State of Wisconsin in each practice area. She is frequently asked by other attorneys and the court to act as guardian ad litem in complex family cases. Ashley has been a presenter on a range of topics for other Wisconsin lawyers from handling divorce cases, evidence and trial practice, and acting as a guardian ad litem.
In her free time, Ashley enjoys traveling and camping with her family, quilting and a good mystery novel or movie.
- Divorce and Legal Separation, including collaborative divorce
- Property division, including retirement, business and other complex division issues
- Child support
- Maintenance/Spousal Support
- Child Custody and Placement disputes, including interstate cases
- Paternity actions
- Grandparent visitation
- Pre-Nuptial/Post-Nuptial marital property agreements
- Unmarried couples
- Uncontested Step-Parent Adoption
- Adoption and Surrogacy
Professional Licensing and Administrative Matters
- Professional ethics and misconduct defense
- Licensing application issues
Estate Planning and Probate
- Wills and Trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Probate Administration and Litigation
Mediation and Arbitration
- Mediation and arbitration services in family law and litigation cases